- How do I put SimpleMap on my website?
Simply insert the following shortcode into any page or post:
- I’ve put in the shortcode, but my map isn’t showing up. Why?
- What is the “Special Location Label”?
This is meant to flag certain locations with a specific label. It shows up in the search results with a gold star next to it. Originally this was developed for an organization that wanted to highlight people that had been members for more than ten years. It could be used for something like that, or for “Favorite Spots,” or “Free Wi-Fi,” or anything you want. You can also leave it blank to disable it.
- Why can’t my map load more than 100 search results at a time?
On most browsers, loading more than 100 locations at once will really slow things down. In some cases, such as a slower internet connection, it can crash the browser completely. We put that limit on there to prevent that from happening.
- Can I suggest a feature for SimpleMap?
Of course! Visit the Contact page to do so.
- What if I have a problem with SimpleMap, or find a bug?
Please open a ticket on the SimpleMap project’s repo on Github if you have a bug to report. Otherwise, you may access premium support inside the plugin dashboard.
- How do I change the dimensions of the map on the single location pages?
To change the dimensions of this map, use the following CSS and set your width and height appropriately: